Over the past few months, we have conducted tests and product reviews, consulted with coaches and players, and analyzed consumer feedback. The culmination of this research is our hand-picked list of the 9 best baseball batting gloves available this year.
Stay tuned as we walk you through the finest batting gloves of 2023. Each pair was evaluated on performance, comfort, durability, and value.
Best Baseball Batting Gloves
1. Bruce Bolt Short Cuff Batting Gloves
- Made from soft, durable Cabretta leather
- Handmade craftsmanship and excellent attention to detail
- Durable and premium quality
- Made in USA
- Comfortable and well-fitting design
- Higher price point compared to other brands
My son has used these Bruce Bolts for the past year and they are still going strong. They were certainly pricier compared to other brands but we knew that the quality and lifespan would be far superior. For us, these batting gloves have been an excellent investment.
These gloves are handmade from high-quality Cabretta leather. It’s not only soft but also extremely durable compared to other materials used in batting gloves. Also, with baseball drip being so important to young players these days, Bruce Bolt continues to put out really cool designs.
The attention to detail and craftsmanship in the gloves is apparent as soon as you put them on. They fit the hand well and feel comfortable, allowing for maximum grip and control when batting. The design also includes heavy-duty lycra between the fingers and knuckles, as well as raised and stitched “BOLT” logo for added durability and aesthetic appeal.
2. Marucci Blacksmith Full-Wrap Baseball Batting Gloves
- Durable and inspired by work gloves
- Enhanced grip with goatskin palm
- Supportive fully wrapped elastic wristband
- May show wear after lots of use
- Stitching may come undone for some players
- Higher price point
We recently had the opportunity to try the Marucci Blacksmith Full-Wrap Baseball Batting Gloves, and we were impressed with their unique design and functionality. For players who spend a lot of time in the cage, these gloves are durable and comfortable.
The goatskin palm with reinforced padding significantly increases friction resistance, ensuring a fantastic grip on the bat. Furthermore, the fully wrapped elastic wristband offers improved support and contributes to wrist strength without compromising mobility.
While the high-strength, stretch knit fabric on the back of the gloves promotes breathability and comfort, we noticed that after extended use, some wear and tear may occur, such as stitching issues for some users. Additionally, the price is on the higher end. However, considering the overall quality and comfort of these gloves, we still believe they are a worthwhile investment.
3. WARSTIC WORKMAN3
- Excellent wrist support with a wide strap
- Reinforced goatskin leather for palm and thumbs
- Sticky grip for all weather conditions
- Sizes might run slightly small
- Initial thickness may require a few wears for comfort
- Seams wear down before the leather does
- Grip on fingers may wear over time
The WARSTIC WORKMAN3 Batting Gloves are a superior option for both adult and youth baseball players. We’ve found that these gloves are extremely durable and perform really well. They feature a traditional American ranch work glove design on the palm side, with a comfortable and snug fit.
What truly sets these gloves apart is their wrist support. The wide strap wraps entirely around your wrist, giving you even more support during your game or practice sessions. We’ve personally experienced the flexibility and breathability provided by the lightweight polyester material on the front of the hand, allowing for easy movement.
4. Franklin Sports CFX Pro PRT
- Protective outer-shell layer
- Lightweight and flexible design
- Premium leather construction
- May be considered expensive for Franklin
- Some durability concerns
The padded outer-shell layer provides outstanding protection for your hands, giving players confidence during each at-bat. Despite the additional padding, these gloves are still lightweight and flexible. The premium leather ensures a comfortable fit and the extended cuff offers added wrist stability and support.
However, we did notice a few drawbacks worth mentioning. Some users reported durability issues, with the gloves falling apart or ripping after limited use. Additionally, the gloves can be considered expensive, which may be a concern for some buyers.
5. JAX – Model One
- High-quality Cabretta sheepskin leather
- Web technology for better grip and swing
- Many different color options and sizes
- Gloves tend to stretch over time
- Strap durability issues
- Higher price compared to other batting gloves
JAX Batting Gloves is a somewhat newer brand that is rising up the list for best baseball batting gloves. These gloves are high-quality and are made with Cabretta sheepskin leather. They provide a comfortable feel while maintaining great durability, which is essential for those who play often.
The optional patented web technology offers an improved grip on the bat, enhancing control and swing. This unique feature sets the JAX Batting Gloves apart from many other options available in the market. Additionally, the gloves are suitable for both men and women, available in various colors and sizes.
6. MaxBP Frost Gear Cold Weather Batting Gloves
- Excellent grip with soft leather palm
- Enhanced thumb area for extra strength
- Fleece-lined interior for warmth and comfort
- May be less durable than other gloves
- Sizing might be challenging for some users
- Not suitable for hot weather use
The MaxBP Frost Gear Cold Weather Batting Gloves are designed for cold weather. We found these gloves to be incredibly comfortable, thanks to their ultra-soft, fleece-lined interior. My son plays in the Northeast so the beginning of the season is often brutal. We purchased these for him and he never complained about cold hands. He also used one on his glove hand in the field to keep his hand warm.
The enhanced thumb area design increases strength, making these gloves perfect for players who want a strong grip on the bat. The soft leather palm also provides a great grip, ensuring that even in cold weather, you’ll be able to maintain control over your swing.
One drawback we experienced is that these gloves may not be as durable as some other options. After frequent use, some users noticed ripping and stitching issues. Additionally, it might be difficult to find the perfect fit for everyone, as the sizing options are somewhat limited.
It’s also worth noting that these gloves are designed specifically for cold-weather use. They may not be ideal for hot weather, as the fleece lining can cause your hands to become too warm.
7. Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb
- Unique SHOK-SORB palm padding
- High-quality genuine leather
- Provides excellent grip
- TRI-CURVE technology for a perfect fit with fewer wrinkles
- Shorter lifespan
- Logo might peel off after extensive use
- Slightly limited padding options compared to other gloves
With their unique SHOK-SORB palm padding system, these gloves help absorb impact and reduce sting. Constructed from high-performance genuine leather, these gloves provide improved grip, allowing you to maintain bat control in all weather conditions. They also feature Franklin’s TRI-CURVE technology, which ensures that the gloves follow the natural curve of the human hand, reducing bunching and enhancing fit, feel, and performance.
In addition to these benefits, the Shok-Sorb X gloves also include mesh vent technology in the handbacks, promoting airflow and keeping your hands cool and dry during gameplay. While some users have reported that the gloves may not be as long-lasting as other brands, and the adhesive for the logo may peel off after extensive use, these drawbacks are relatively minor in comparison to the premium quality, comfort, and protection these gloves offer.
8. Easton Walk-Off NX
- Durable and high-quality construction
- Great flexibility and support
- Excellent grip and control
- Thin leather may wear over time
- Limited color options
- Sizing may run slightly small
These Easton Walk-Off NX Batting Gloves are a worthwhile investment for their durability, comfort, and performance. The gloves are made from a blend of fibers, including smooth goatskin leather, which not only provides comfort and control but also decent durability.
One of the most impressive features of these gloves is their pro-level performance. The blend of breathable diamond mesh and smooth microfiber on the back of the hand offers the perfect balance of flexibility and support.
We also appreciated the comfort and grip provided by these batting gloves. The premium goatskin leather palm makes it easier to hold onto the bat without any slippage.
9. Louisville Slugger Genuine Adult Batting Gloves
- No-slip grip
- Enhanced flexibility and breathability
- Excellent wrist support
- Some users report stitching issues
- May not be ideal for those with larger hands
- Material quality may not be the highest
These Louisville Slugger batting gloves are a solid option for those seeking an affordable, reliable grip and comfortable fit at the plate. The one-piece synthetic palm and thumb design truly provides a secure and no-slip grip. This allows for better control and confidence when taking swings at the plate.
The stretch lycra on the backhand is another highlight of these gloves, as it offers improved mobility, flexibility, and breathability while wearing them. The gloves feel lightweight and comfortable which is very important to a hitter.
However, we did notice a few minor issues. Some users have mentioned that the stitching on the gloves can come loose fairly quickly, which could lead to a shorter lifespan for the product. Additionally, while the gloves fit well for most individuals, those with exceptionally large hands might struggle to find the perfect fit. Finally, the material quality may not be the highest, but considering their affordable price, they still deliver good value.
Taking Care of Your Batting Gloves
If you’ve invested in a top-notch pair of batting gloves, you’ll want to ensure they last as long as possible. Proper care and maintenance can extend the life of your gloves, keeping them comfortable and effective for many games.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your batting gloves:
Remember, your baseball batting gloves are as important to your game as your bat or your cleats, so giving them a little TLC can go a long way.
While many kids still elect to hit without batting gloves, like Doug Mirabelli, using them does provide some benefits to the hitter. If you choose to purchase any for you or your child, we hope that our comprehensive list of the 9 best baseball batting gloves equips you with the information you need to make the right choice.
And remember, investing in your gear extends beyond the purchase – regular care and maintenance will ensure your chosen gloves last a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are batting gloves important in baseball? Batting gloves provide better grip, reduce the risk of blisters, and protect your hands from impact when hitting the ball.
2. How do I choose the right size batting gloves? You measure from the base of your palm to the tip of your middle finger. Most companies provide sizing charts to help you find the best fit. The gloves should be snug but not overly tight.
3. How often should I replace my batting gloves? This depends on how often you play and how well you take care of your gloves. With good care, a quality pair should last for a whole season or longer. But if you notice that they’re wearing out, losing grip, or becoming uncomfortable, it’s time for a new pair.
4. Can I use the same batting gloves for softball and baseball? Yes, you can. The primary difference between baseball and softball gloves is size, but the functions remain the same. Ensure you choose a glove that feels comfortable and enhances your grip, regardless of the sport.
5. Should I wear my batting gloves in the batting cage during practice? Yes, it’s a good idea to wear your gloves during practice. This not only helps to break them in, but also gives you a more realistic feel for how they will perform during a game.